Sunday, June 10, 2012

Jared Hoying Interview

This week I will post a brief interview with Myrtle Beach outfielder Jared Hoying which took place back in Spring Training. Jared has been having a very good season, hitting .289 (15th in the Carolina League), with 4 home runs and 16 RBIs for the High-A Pelicans. Jared was very nice to do this interview with me and I would like to thank him for doing so.

Me: Is there anything specific you've been working on so far in the offseason, and if so, what is it?

Jared: Just tried to get bigger and stronger and faster. Continue to work out with a bunch of weights, and run a bunch. Stuff like that, and just overall fitness and constant practice on my swing.

Me: What is the worst injury you've ever had and why?

Jared: Last year, I was sliding head first into a base, and kind of dislocated my shoulder. It's been about the worst injury I've ever had, luckily, so I've been pretty fortunate.

Me: How much time did you miss for that?

Jared: I missed about two weeks, and it lingered with me throughout the whole season.

Me: So it was early on in the year?

Jared: Yeah.

Me: Which minor league ballpark has been your favorite to play in?

Jared: I love Spokane. I was in Spokane my first year and they have great fans up there. That was by far my favorite ballpark to play at.

Me: Who are the three toughest pitchers you've faced and why?

Jared: I'm not too good with names, but last year I got to face Stephen Strasburg in a rehab start and he was good. He's the real deal, so it was fun to face him.

Me: Who are your three favorite teammates since you've joined the Rangers organization and why?

Jared: It's hard to name a name. I love my teammates. We get along great, and I've loved playing with everybody.

Me: Last one: What's been the best game so far of your professional career and why?

Jared: Had a lot of good ones. One that sticks out is my first home run up in Spokane. That was just one moment I'll never forget.

Me: Thank you.

Jared: Yep. No problem.

I would like to thank Jared again for giving me some of his time to do this interview.

Come back next week for my San Francisco and Oakland trip report.

No comments: