This week for every team in the Rangers farm system (except for Spokane and the Arizona League Rangers who just started their seasons), I will give the team’s record, their players who are in the top 15 in stat categories, and the percentage that every player on the 40-man roster who’s in the minors has of being called up to the majors this season. I will also give my opinion on who I think should be each team’s award winners and who I think should be their League’s award winners.
Right now the Redhawks are 4.0 games back (GB) with a 35-38 record
Redhawks league leaders:
- Jason Botts leads the league in walks with 53
- Freddy Guzman is tied for 1st in stolen bases with 21
- Mike Wood is 1st in WHIP with 0.83
- Mike Wood leads the league in ERA with a 2.28 ERA
- Jason Botts is tied for 10th in RBI’s with 50
- Nate Gold is 12th in the league in RBI’s with 48
- Tug Hulett is 12th in the league in walks with 35
Redhawks MVP: Jason Botts (.303 AVG, .907 OPS, 7 HR, 52 RBI)
Runner-up: Tug Hulett
Redhawks Cy Young: Mike Wood (6-1, 2.28 ERA)
Runner-up: John Koronka
League MVP: Micah Hoffpauir IOW
Runner-up: Val Pascucci ALB
League Cy Young: Kasey Olenberger SLC
Runner-up: Yovani Gallardo NAS (now in majors)
Redhawks on the 40-man roster:
Botts will be one of the 1st people they call up after a trade and will definitely be a September call-up if he’s not already up.
Percentage chance of being called up: 100%
Nelson Cruz will probably be called up before September, but if not is a September call-up so that he can get more major league experience.
He’s been called up and sent down all year and it will happen again and if not, he’s a definite September call-up.
Freddy has a good chance of being called up because he’s a former major league outfielder.
John is probably going to make a few more spot starts, but if not, he’ll be a sure September call-up.
Wes is doing well in the minors and has already pitched in the majors this year. He’ll be a sure September call-up if not earlier.
Kevin will probably be called up in September for some more experience.
AJ is doing decent in the minors and will probably get called up in September for more experience.
John is doing decent and will probably be a September call-up.
Since Stewart was already up he’ll probably be a September call-up.
Mike will make more spot starts and will be a September call-up.
The RoughRiders won the 1st half so they are in the playoffs. Right now they are 1.0 GB with a 3-2 record in the second half.
RoughRiders league leaders:
- Eric Hurley leads the league in WHIP with 1.11
- Anthony Webster leads the league in stolen bases with 15
- Eric Hurley, Doug Mathis and Luis Mendoza are tied for 1st in wins with 7
- German Duran is 2nd in HR’s with 14
- Eric Hurley is 2nd in K’s with 76
- German Duran is tied for 2nd in AVG, batting .327
- Jesse Ingram is 3rd in saves with 14
- German Duran is tied for 3rd in RBI’s with 43
- Eric Hurley is 4th in IP with 88.2.
- Eric Hurley is tied for 4th in ERA with a 3.25 ERA
- Salomon Manriquez is tied for 5th in HR’s with 12
- Steve Murphy is 6th in AVG, batting .318
- Edinson Volquez is tied for 6th in wins with 6
- Casey Bejamin is 7th in walks with 36
- Kevin Richardson is tied for 8th in HR’s with 10
- Doug Mathis is 9th in ERA with a 3.66 ERA
- Kea Kometani is tied for 10th in saves with 4
- Armando Galarraga is tied for 10th in wins with 5
- Brandon Boggs is tied for 12th in HR’s with 9
- Salomon Manriquez is tied for 12th in RBI’s with 39
- Casey Benjamin and Steve Murphy are tied for 14th in RBI’s with 37
- Armando Galarraga is tied for 14th in K’s with 55.
RoughRiders MVP: German Duran (.327 AVG, .951 OPS, 14 HR, 44 RBI)
Runner-up: Salomon Manriquez
RoughRiders CY Young: Eric Hurley (7-2, 3.25 ERA)
Runner up: Doug Mathis
League MVP: German Duran, Frisco
Runner-up: Joe Mather SPR
League Cy Young: Eric Hurley, Frisco
Runner-up: Chance Douglass COR
RoughRiders on the 40-man roster:
Armando probably won’t be called up this year.
Edinson might get a September call-up if does really well the rest of this season.
The Blaze lost in the 1st half. Right now they are 3.0 GB with a 0-3 record in the second half.
Blaze league leaders:
- John Mayberry is 3rd in home runs with 16 and leads the Rangers system
- Taylor Teagarden is 8th in walks with 41
- Chris Davis and Taylor Teagarden are tied for 9th in homeruns with 12
- Taylor Teagarden is 10th in batting average, batting .313
- Ronald Bay is tied for 10th in strikeouts with 64
- Kendy Batista is 11th in WHIP with a 1.23 WHIP
- Chris Davis is tied for 11th in RBI’s with 48
- Andrew Walker is 12th in IP, pitching 82.1 innings
- Kendy Batista is tied for 13th in strikeouts with 60
- Truan Mehl is tied for 14th in stolen bases with 11
- John Mayberry is 15th in runs with 47
- Andrew Walker is tied for 15th in WHIP with a 1.36 WHIP
- Ryan Knippschild and Scott Shoemaker are tied for 15th in saves with 3
Blaze MVP: Taylor Teagarden (.311 AVG, 1.052 OPS, 12 HR, 39 RBI)
Runner-up: Chris Davis
Blaze Cy Young: Kendy Batista (3-1, 4.23 ERA)
Runner-up: Michael Schlact
League MVP: Bubba Bell LNC
Runner-up: Kyle Blanks LAK
League Cy Young: Manny Ayala LAK
Runner-up: Brandon Hynick MOD
The Lumberkings were a wildcard in the 1st half so they are in the playoffs. Right now they are 0.0 GB with a 2-1 record in the second half.
Lumberkings league leaders:
- Chad Tracy leads the league in RBI’s with 58
- Michael Ballard is tied for 1st for wins with 9
- John Whittleman is 2nd in walks with 45
- Craig Gentry is 3rd in stolen bases with 21
- John Whittleman is tied for 3rd in homeruns with 13
- John Whittleman is tied for 4th in runs with 45
- Jose Vallejo is tied for 4th in stolen bases with 20
- Zachary Phillips and Omar Poveda are tied for 5th in the league for wins with 5
- Zachary Phillips is 6th in strikeouts with 79
- KC Herren is 6th in batting average, batting .325
- John Whittleman is 6th in RBI’s with 46
- Omar Poveda is tied for 7th in WHIP with a 1.06 WHIP
- John Whittleman is 9th in batting average, batting .317
- Jose Vallejo is 9th in runs with 42
- Zachary Phillips is tied for 10th in ERA with a 2.62 ERA
- Omar Poveda is 11th in IP, pitching 78.2 innings
- Omar Poveda is tied for 12th in ERA with a 2.63 ERA
- Marcus Lemon is 13th in walks with 30
- Omar Poveda is tied for 13th in strikeouts with 68
- Chad Tracy is tied for 13th in homeruns with 8
- Glenn Swanson is tied for 15th in wins with 6
Lumberkings MVP: John Whittleman (.317 AVG, .992 OPS, 13 HR, 46 RBI)Runner-up: Chad Tracy
Lumberkings Cy Young: Omar Poveda (7-2, 2.63 ERA)
Runner-up: Zachary Phillips
League MVP: Brandon Buckman QC
Runner-up: John Whittleman BAK
League Cy Young: Rafael Gonzalez DAY
Runner-up: Brett Anderson SOU
Last week’s poll results:
Question: Who do you think is the Rangers best draft pick out of the top 5?
Blake Beaven – 45%
Michael Main – 36%
Julio Borbon – 13%
Neil Ramirez – 6%
Tommy Hunter – 0%
Come back next week for my mid-season awards.