This is part 4 of a 4 part analysis of the trades John Hart made while he was Rangers GM. Each trade will be scored a win, loss, or draw. The score is based on how each player contributed to the Rangers at the major league level.
31. July 31: Player TBNL traded to New York (NL) for Scott Erickson and cash considerations.
Draw - Neither team got a benefit from this trade.
32. March 30: OF Ramon Nivar traded to Baltimore for LHP Matt Riley and C Keith McDonald.
Draw – Both teams have gotten 7 games from the players they acquired.
33. March 30: Future considerations traded to Chicago (NL) for infielder Cody Ransom.
Draw – Neither team has gotten anything out of the deal.
34. May 22: RHP Vlad Nunez traded to the St. Louis Cardinals for a player to be named later.
Draw – There was no impact on either team.
35. July 21: RHP Matt Lorenzo traded to Atlanta for RHP Kevin Grybowski.
Draw – Grybowski did awful in his one Ranger year. Lorenzo finished off the year with the single-A Myrtle Beach Pelicans. After that year the Braves cut Lorenzo.
36. July 30: RHP Chan Ho Park and cash traded to San Diego for 1B/DH Phil Nevin.
Loss – Nevin did next to nothing for us and Park still has some good outings. Even though neither player performed too well, Park did better than Nevin. The Padres actually got a decent year out of Park in ’06. Park posted a 7-7 record with a 4.81 ERA. Nevin went 38-for-176 with 9 HR’s and a .216 batting average in ’06 before being traded to the Cubs.
Come back next week for an analysis of the trades made so far by Jon Daniels and comparison of John Hart and Jon Daniels trades.