Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Chris Bostick Scouting Report

I was able to watch Bostick take some batting practice today during the morning workouts, and here is what I saw:

Bostick was a big disappointment to me after seeing him pop up as high as #6 in the Rangers system prospect rankings (he was ranked 6th by Keith Law), but I did not see him anywhere near that high. What I saw from Bostick was average bat speed and a swing that, while not necessarily excessively long, could use to be shortened up a bit. On top of those two detractors, Bostick is just 5'11", 185 without a frame to get much bigger. 

I was not able to scout him defensively, but I don't see him hitting well enough to be able to be an everyday player at the major league level as he develops. He may have the potential to be a utility guy if he has plus range and a plus arm, but his bat is simply not going to be major league quality without some serious improvement.

No comments: