Saturday, March 29, 2014

Travis Demeritte Scouting Report

I was able to watch 2013 1st round pick (30th overall) 3B prospect Travis Demeritte take some batting practice when I was in Surprise and here is what I saw:

Demeritte definitely has some plus bat speed. His bat really gets through the zone quick and he should have no problem turning on inside pitches. His swing is just a bit long, but with his bat speed it should not make much of a difference. Demeritte also has a plus plus appreciation of the song Paranoid by Ty Dolla $ign, which is a very important quality in a hitter in today's baseball. My main worry with Demeritte is his wrists, which look a little bit stiff to me.

Demeritte showed me why he was a first round pick, flashing very good bat speed. He definitely has the potential to develop a plus hit tool.

No comments: