Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Nick Williams Scouting Report

I was able to watch Nick Williams take batting practice today during minor league workouts and here is what I saw:

Williams has outstanding bat speed, one of the top 2 or 3 I've seen while I've been out here in Surprise, maybe only behind Rougned Odor in bat speed out of the players I have seen to this point. He will have absolutely no problem getting around on inside pitches. He has a good swing, and although it may be very slightly longer than necessary, it is nowhere near long enough to be a problem with his elite bat speed.

Williams really stood out today, and to put that in perspective, he stood out in a group of Nomar Mazara, Ronald Guzman, and Joey Gallo. Obviously, batting practice doesn't show me his speed, defense, or arm, but based on what I saw today, I believe he is a top 5 Rangers prospect and potentially a top end everyday outfielder down the road.

1 comment:

Please pay better attention said...

Here's what you did miss:Weak outfielder with average arm and average speed;according to Ranger scouting reports.