Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Preston Beck Scouting Report

I was able to watch Preston Beck take some batting practice during the morning workouts today and here is what I saw:

I was not expecting much from Beck, a little talked about prospect who hit .245 at High-A Myrtle Beach last year as a 22-year-old, and I was surprised at what I saw. I saw him show some solid bat speed and some fairly quick wrists. He definitely needs to shorten up his swing, however, as it is a little longer than where it needs to be.

He has a long ways to go, as shown by his .245/.345/.342 slash line last year, and the chances of him reaching his potential is relatively low, but I was impressed today and believe he has the potential to be a major league fourth outfielder and solid contributor if he is able to fully develop.

No comments: